- We are currently only accepting new members at under 12 age group.
- We are currently unable to welcome guests to the club. If you would like to attend a trial session please email email@example.com to arrange a suitable date.
Once you have decided you want to join:
- Join British Fencing if you aren’t a member already to ensure you have the appropriate insurance cover and note your membership number. British Fencing have a 90 day free trial membership
- Complete the Membership Form and return to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Respond to the email request to set up a Direct Debit with GoCardless.
- Once your membership and payment is all set up you will receive a welcome pack which includes an electronic copy of our members handbook and your membership number.
Associate (non-fencing, voting rights) £2 per month
Juniors (under 18)/Concession £30 per month
Seniors (over 18) £40 per month
Family 1 (1 adult & 1 Junior) £60 per month
Family 2 (2 children) £50 per month
Family 3 (any 3 family members) £70 per month
Membership benefits include:
- access to 4 training sessions per week
- 15 minute club lessons
- access to additional individual lessons
- free access to club development classes
- access to complementary workshops e.g. sports psychology, nutrition etc
- use of fencing equipment and protective clothing (deposit required)
- free additional resources for S&C training, competition planning and performance reviews
All members of Salle Holyrood must also have British Fencing Membership to give appropriate insurance cover.
If you haven’t fenced before, why not check out our training page to see when our Adult Beginners classes run. These sessions are free for members or £10 per session for non-members.
For younger fencers, we run a structured beginners/improvers technical session twice a week which is free for Salle Holyrood Members to take part in. Non-members are welcome to attend for £10 per session. Check our training page for current days/times.
If you are under 8 and haven’t fenced before, we would recommend looking at Fencing Fun classes to give you the best grounding in the skills of the sport. Fencing Fun use plastic fencing equipment which requires less protective clothing and is lighter, making it much quicker to learn with.