New members are very welcome at any time of the year. Simply come along on the best training night for you and give us a try – first night is on us. Please make yourself known to one of the coaches when you arrive.
Guests to the club are welcome. The guest fee is £10 per session, payable at sign-in.
Once you have decided you want to join:
- Complete the Membership Form and return to email@example.com or to the volunteer on duty at club sign-in
- Complete the Standing Order Form (or set up standing order via online banking).
Please ensure you either send your standing order form to your bank or set up membership payments via direct banking.
- Once your membership and payment is all set up you will receive a welcome pack which includes an electronic copy of our members handbook, your membership card and a Salle Holyrood badge to sew on to your fencing jacket.
Juniors (under 18)/Concession £30 per month
Seniors (over 18) £40 per month
Family 1 (1 adult & 1 Junior) £60 per month
Family 2 (any 3 family members) £70 per month
Membership benefits include:
- access to 4 training sessions per week
- 15 minute club lessons
- free access to club development classes
- use of fencing equipment and protective clothing
- free additional resources for S&C training, competition planning and performance reviews
- free access to Edinburgh Fencing Club training on Tuesday evening (reciprocal offer)
All members of Salle Holyrood must also have British Fencing Membership to give appropriate insurance cover.
If you haven’t fenced before, why not check out our training page to see when our Adult Beginners classes run. These sessions are free for members or £10 per session for non-members.
For younger fencers, we run a structured beginners/improvers technical session twice a week which is free for Salle Holyrood Members to take part in. Non-members are welcome to attend for £10 per session. Check our training page for current days/times.
If you are under 8 and haven’t fenced before, we would recommend looking at Fencing Fun classes to give you the best grounding in the skills of the sport. Fencing Fun use plastic fencing equipment which requires less protective clothing and is lighter, making it much quicker to learn with.